About Me

My photo
My name is Jenni and I work at a Animal Shelter. Our staff is well trained and we are good at what we do. I work in the Shelter looking after all the animals. I also work in the spay and neuter clinic as a Vet tech. I have 4 dogs, 3 cats, a parakeet, a leopard gecko, a dwarf rabbit, a mallard duck, and I raise chickens. Almost all of my animals came from the Shelter. When I can I foster animals that come in the Shelter too young or too sick to meet our adoption criteria. Once they are large or healthy enough I return them to the Shelter to be spayed and neutered and to be adopted into their furever home.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Pet’s Ten Commandments

1. My life is likely to last only 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

Red bone Coon hound puppy


2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.


Birth control?


3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.


(Blue Merle) Australian Shepard puppy


4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only have you.


cloak of invisibility


5. Talk to me, even if I don’t understand your words, I do understand your voice when your speaking to me.


Chihuahua puppies


6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.


Maltese puppies


7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you and yet, I choose not to bite you.


Pug pup


8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.


Stayed up too late


9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.


Yellow Lab pup


10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can’t bare to watch. Don’t make me face this all alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so. ALWAYS!


Living on a prayer


Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy them and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's creatures. We do not have to wait for heaven to be surrounded by hope love and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs.


No comments:

Post a Comment